By Adrienne Cooper
Senior Occasions Supervisor, Meals Safety Summit
The 2023 Meals Security Summit, the premiere occasion for 1000’s of meals security professionals, has introduced 5 pre-certificate programs to be supplied on Monday, Could 8, 2023, on the Donald E. on the Stevens Conference Heart. Two FSPCA certificates programs, Preventive management of animal meals coaching and International Provider Verification Programadded to the three returning programs, incl HACCP coaching, meals fraud prevention, and:Licensed Skilled – Meals Security (CP-FS) evaluation course. Under are the course descriptions for these 5 pre-summit programs:
- NEW – FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Meals Coaching – Present good manufacturing practices, hazard evaluation, and risk-based preventive controls for pet meals (known as the Preventive Controls for Pet Meals or PCAF rule) are present in Title 21 of the Code of Federal Laws (CFR) Half 507. (21 CFR Half 507). The PCAF rule is designed to make sure the secure manufacturing, processing, packaging, and storage of animal meals in the US. This 20-hour course is held over 2.5 days and consists of an examination. Certificates of Completion introduced by the FSPCA.
- NEW – FSMA FSPCA International Provider Verification Program – As audits enhance and rules turn out to be extra stringent, it’s extra vital than ever to know easy methods to implement the necessities of the US Meals and Drug Administration’s International Provider Verification Packages (FSVP) for human and animal meals importers. Administration (FDA), and this workshop will do exactly that. This course is meant for US-resident importers who meet the definition of “importer” within the FSVP rule, which incorporates those that personal or are the consignee of the meals on the time of entry or, if there isn’t a proprietor or consignee, the US agent. or the consultant of the overseas proprietor. Additionally it is for different folks focused on making certain that the necessities of the FSVP rule are met, together with brokers, exporters, overseas suppliers of meals to be exported to the US, people/enterprise house owners who at the moment buy meals from overseas sources, and representatives of overseas governments. This two-day course features a certificates of completion introduced by the FSPCA.
- Licensed Skilled – Meals Security (CP-FS) credential evaluation course – This course was developed by business consultants from across the nation to supply members with a evaluation of the data and abilities essential to go the CP-FS credential examination. It additionally supplies a complete overview of meals security requirements and practices. This course supplies the mandatory data and abilities to assist guarantee secure meals in any retail surroundings as a top quality assurance or high quality management supervisor, facility supervisor, meals secure chemical provider or as a regulatory inspector/investigator. This two-day evaluation course is introduced by the Nationwide Environmental Well being Affiliation (NEHA).
- Meals Fraud Prevention Workshop and Certificates Course – Meals fraud prevention is likely one of the most urgent and misunderstood subjects within the meals business. This workshop begins with an outline of the issue of meals fraud, earlier than shortly shifting from ‘easy methods to catch meals fraud’ to ‘easy methods to forestall meals fraud within the first place’. Based mostly on that overview, the afternoon will likely be spent conducting a meals fraud vulnerability evaluation. This evaluation is a requirement for Meals Security certifications resembling BRC, FSSC22000, IFS, SQF, and many others. These requirements are primarily based on the World Meals Security Initiative (GFSI) benchmark. The workshop concludes with a full implementation of a meals fraud prevention technique and administration system. This can be a one-day course with a certificates issued by the Meals Fraud Prevention Suppose Tank.
- HACCP coaching – This course covers the data wanted to jot down a Hazard Evaluation Important Management Level (HACCP) plan as required by USDA for producers of FSIS-regulated meat, poultry, or egg merchandise or meals below third-party audit of the GFSI format. which require a HACCP licensed particular person. to watch their meals security program. Individuals will obtain data for creating, implementing and documenting a HACCP program. This 20-hour course is held over 2.5 days and consists of an examination. Certificates issued by the Worldwide HACCP Alliance.
Pre-Summit programs embody breakfast, lunch and breaks, books/coaching supplies and a certificates. Registration for the multi-day programs consists of entry to the Meals Security Summit academic classes, exhibit corridor and networking features throughout non-course hours. To reap the benefits of early chicken pricing, click on right here to register by Friday 31 March 2023.
The 2023 program will supply a variety of subjects impacting business professionals, together with root trigger evaluation, management abilities, sanitation advances, traceability, synthetic intelligence and information assortment, and rather more. On Wednesday and Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., attendees could have a devoted showroom to find out about new options, small group discussions locally middle, and free shows by meals security consultants at Options. On the levels and within the Tech Tent, get pleasure from lunch and networking. To entry the total program and register attendees, go to https://www.food-safety.com/food-safety-summit.
(To join a free subscription to Meals Security Information,press right here)